Recipes > Fillets of Plaice with a Tropical Stuffing
This is a great summer dish, served with salads of your choice!
You will need:
|From Our Shop
500g of skinned Plaice or Lemon Sole fillets
CLICK HERE TO
BUY IN SHOP
2 large firm bananas
Juice of 1 lemon
1.5 inch ginger (finely chopped)
2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
Couple of pinches of Cayenne Pepper
½ teaspoon turmeric
½ pint soured cream
1. Preheat the oven to 400F/200C/Gas Mark 6/2nd bottom shelf Aga Roasting Oven
2. Peel the bananas and cut into small dice; put into a bowl and coat them with the lemon juice.
3. Stir in the chopped ginger and garlic; season with salt and the cayenne pepper.
4. Lay the prepared fish fillets on a board and place a little of the banana mixture onto each before rolling them up from the “tail” side.
5. Arrange the stuffed fish fillets in a greased dish and dribble a little oil over before covering the dish with foil.
6. Cook in the preheated oven for around 20 minutes; remove and allow to cool before refrigerating.
Serve with a sauce of:-
½ teaspoon turmeric, ½ pint soured cream and a couple pinches cayenne pepper
handful finely chopped coriander little salt
To make the sauce you just mix everything together!
To print a copy of this recipe, click the print button below: